Sunday, 5 March 2017

Patience, patience.

Sometimes patience is tested to the limit doing certain jobs.....dolls houses and miniatures do require quite a supply of it and I am lucky in that I do have a good deal, however whilst adding stair rods of the tiny variety even I was in danger of losing it. In fitting the stair carpet I managed to dislodge my carefully glued spindles and newels (they're another trying job) so they will have to be replaced - another lesson learned there!

But as you can see it's all worthwhile when you see the end result....they do finish off the stairs beautifully. They were quite tricky as my embroidered carpet is abit thicker than most.

All the spindles stuck in place again. I stitched a small runner for along the landing too.

I just need to find some suitable pictures for the wall I think...

This is a view of both sets of stairs

Tuesday, 24 January 2017

The Parlour

The parlour is alongside the kitchen and has one door leading into the landing. It is a nice square room, not particularly large but I think I've enough space for some nice pieces of furniture.
Before I could begin decorating in here I had to connect up the shop light from below as the wire needed to go under the parlour/landing wall.

Here you can see I've also put in the wiring ready for the fire and the range in the kitchen which is behind this wall.

The fire all connected now and a little chair I've made from a kit by McQueenies Miniatures.

All decorated

And ceiling light fitted

Monday, 23 January 2017

Belated New Year Greetings!

We're into the third week of January already and I've been too busy to blog! Quite a bit more progress to show you. After Christmas I got to work on the kitchen. I thought it was high time I got some wallpaper on the walls and the flooring laid.

The flooring is a lovely patterned paper

Skirting and cornice added

I chose a nice Ray Storey light for in here

A glimpse through the window

As this room is quite small and narrow I knew that ready made fittings would swamp the space so I decided to have a go at making my own. Now I'm not the best woodworker and have a love/hate relationship with saws and glues which are both important in any furniture making attempts! I bought the sink and taps and after playing around with some bits of wood, I have come up with a sink unit! 

It's maybe a little wonky in parts but I'm happy enough with it.

Spurred on with my little sink unit success, I decided to carry on and make something else! The obechi wood I have used was quite easily cut and scored with a scalpel so I didn't need to saw anything. I've made the doors non opening ones for simplicity. Next up is a little cupboard unit.

Here they are 'in situ'.....
Then I made a little open shelf and another base unit.

Finally I made a larger shelving unit.

I feel I've come to a full stop with the kitchen for now, other than adding all the little accessories....
I don't really think I can fit a table in but I'm leaving it for awhile and I will take a fresh look at it after I've got some of the other rooms decorated.